Ahh… chocolate. The quintessential Valentine’s Day dessert. I used to hate Valentine’s Day growing up. I was that awkward girl with braces and frizzy long hair who read a lot in high school, so I wasn’t usually the one getting roses or chocolate. Oh goodness. These days though, I am so lucky to have Will in my life to make up for my lack of high school romance!
When I was thinking about what to post about the holiday, I wanted to revisit the recipe for this vegan mocha mousse. This time I jazzed it up this time with some chocolate chips and freeze dried raspberries for a fun pop of color and flavor. Feel free to top this creamy chocolate awesomeness with whatever your heart desires – coconut, peanuts, almonds, berries, pomegranate seeds, etc. For anyone feeling overwhelmed by having to make dinner for your honey, this dessert is definitely super easy and impressive. Plus, it is paleo, gluten-free, and vegan to boot! You won’t find any refined sugars here (well, until you add chocolate chips on top…) as this yummy dessert is sweetened with dates.
- 15 dates, pits removed
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 400 mL can coconut milk (chilled)
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Cover dates with water in a small bowl and soak for about 30 minutes.
- Drain dates and toss into a food processor.
- Add cocoa, coconut, and espresso to the food processor as well.
- Blend until no date pieces remain and the mixture becomes creamy.