I am totally hooked on granola. Like hook, line, and sinker. I just can’t get over how incredibly simple it is to cook up a big batch on the weekends. Like a nerd, it then gives me something to look forward to at breakfast all week long. The inspiration for this granola came from my mocha mousse recipe I posted around Valentine’s Day. I loved that flavor combination and it turned into a divine granola. I was really sad to eat the last of it this morning for breakfast!
In other news… Will and I are leaving for vacation on Saturday! Yippee! I am beyond excited to escape the winter weather for a bit and enjoy a little beach time. I’ve seriously been day dreaming about it for weeks since we booked the trip. In the mean time, make this fabulous granola, you won’t regret it!
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or whatever oil you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, oil, cocoa, milk, maple syrup, and sea salt. Stir to coat the oats well.
- Spread oat mixture in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until mixture is darker brown and is aromatic.
- Let granola cool on the elevated cookie sheet for another 10 minutes. Stir in raspberries, walnuts, and coconut chips.
- Serve with fruit and yogurt.