Just in time for the weekend farmers market, here is another shopping list and weekly vegetarian meal plan. The shopping list includes all the ingredients you need to prepare the entrees listed for the week. All the recipes are vegetarian, but can easily be adjusted for any of my non-vegetarian readers. The recipes and amounts listed on the shopping list serve 2-4, so double or triple the amounts as needed for your family.
Weekly Meal Plan for August 3 – August 9
- Monday: Tempeh Sloppy Joes – A vegan twist on an absolute classic. For non-vegetarians who may not want to try tempeh, substitute ground turkey in its place. Pair this with a side salad and sweet potato fries.
- Tuesday: Marinated Mushroom and Sweet Potato Tacos – Everyone loves tacos! Celebrate taco Tuesday with these vegetarian tacos that are loaded with flavor. You won’t want to stop after just two. 🙂 These would be great served with a side of calabacitas!
- Wednesday: Italian Tempeh Kale Stir Fry – Serve this tasty stir fry with some rice or cauliflower “rice” for a quick weeknight meal.
- Thursday: Saag Paneer – Make this dish come together much faster by skipping the instructions for making homemade paneer and buying it at the store. If you can’t find paneer, you could substitute halloumi cheese or cubed feta and toss it in at the very end. This dish goes perfectly with a side of lentils.
- Friday: Spicy Sweet Potato Pasta with Spinach and Chickpeas – This sweet potato pasta dish is really a one bowl meal. Perfect for a lazy Friday night.
Shopping List for Farmers Market and Grocery Store:
Below, you will find the shopping list to take along with you while you shop the farmers market and grocery store. (Click on August 3rd Weekly Meal Plan to print it!) I try to shop the farmers market first and then pick up whatever I couldn’t find at the market while shopping at the grocery store. Pick up additional produce to make side dishes based on your personal preferences or the suggestions I provided above.
For more meal plans/shopping lists that are simple, vegetarian, and seasonal – check out this meal plan from last week!