Today’s meal plan is extra special because all of the recipes are from one of my favorite vegetarian food blogs, Cookie + Kate! Kate creates simple, approachable vegetarian recipes and pairs them with drool-worthy photos. Plus, as a mutt Mom myself, I can’t help but awww over any adorable pictures of Cookie, her pup. Kate was gracious enough to let me create a handy meal plan with her recipes this week. It was tough to pick only 5 to include in this week’s plan!
As you’ll see on the shopping list below, all the recipes included in the meal plan this week focus on summer vegetables so you can shop the farmers market for your produce and then pick up the rest of your supplies at the grocery store. If you don’t have a local farmers market, then almost all the produce you need is listed at the top of the list to make your shopping go a little faster.
Meal Plan for the Week of August 10 – 16
- Monday: Kale, Black Bean, and Avocado Burrito Bowl – An entire meal in one bowl is the kind of thing you need on a Monday night.
- Tuesday: Greek Farro and Chickpea Salad with Herbed Yogurt – Like the burrito bowl, this is another one bowl meal. However, if you want a little something extra, this would be great with some pita chips or naan.
- Wednesday: Vegetarian Lentil and Mushroom Meatballs – A tasty vegetarian twist on spaghetti and meatballs. Serve these lentil “meat”balls with whole wheat pasta or go lighter with zucchini noodles.
- Thursday: Breakfast Quesadillas with Scrambled Eggs, Spinach, and Black Beans – Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? If you think you need a bit more veggies, sauté some peppers and onions and add them to the top or alongside of your quesadillas.
- Friday: Arugula, Almond, Pesto Pizza – It’s Friday! Celebrate with this delicious pizza. Serve with a side salad and you are all set for a tasty night in.
Farmers Market Shopping List
Here is a convenient printable shopping list to take with you to the Saturday/Sunday morning farmer’s market. The portions on the list will allow you to make each recipe for at least 4 servings so adjust if needed. In addition to market produce, you’ll find a list for any store items or pantry staples you will need for any of the entree recipes this week. Pick up additional ingredients for side dishes based on my suggestions above or your personal preferences. To get a printable version of the meal plan and shopping list, click this link –> Cookie and Kate Vegetarian Meal Plan PDF.
Do you have a favorite food blogger you would like me to create a meal plan for? Just let me know!