I received free samples from Bright Farms and used them when developing this recipe. They’re greens were absolutely delicious so check out their site to find out if they are available near you. All opinions are my own!
Ok, so this salad may not be as colorful as some that I have posted in the past, I promise that it is still just as good! Bright Farms was kind enough to deliver some samples so my fridge was stocked for the week with fresh and tasty greens. Their philosophy is that food should be grown in the same community that it is consumed. They grow all their produce in greenhouses near supermarkets so your greens are still super fresh and much tastier when you pick them up in the store. I was excited to experiment with their baby arugula and came up with this roasted potato and wilted arugula salad.
The parmesan crisps were inspired by a salad I had at a local restaurant that I couldn’t wait to recreate for salads at home. They are like cheesy little croutons! Just make sure to look for a parmesan that is vegetarian as most use animal rennet. I was able to find a great one at Trader Joe’s which I used in this recipe.
- 24 oz. small red potatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛th teaspoon salt
- ⅛th teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. package baby arugula (I used Bright Farms brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, salt and ground pepper. Toss to coat and transfer onto a baking sheet. Spread into a single layer and bake for until tender and golden brown about 30-35 minutes. Stir potatoes at about 20 minutes into the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange parmesan cheese onto the pan in 6 small 2 inch piles. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on the pan. They will harden/crisp up as they cool.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well to mix.
- To assemble the salad, add the arugula, potatoes, and dressing to a large bowl and toss to mix. Add a bit more salt and pepper if needed, to taste. Crumble parmesan crisps onto the top of the salad and divide into bowls to serve.