Will and I are finally getting settled into our new condo (eek!), and I am loving the fact that we can start grilling again since our last apartment didn’t have anywhere we could set up our grill. Since the weather has warmed up and it feels like summer already, we’ve been firing up the grill a couple times a week. I had been craving kebabs so I created these grilled tofu kebabs with red pepper sauce over the weekend and we couldn’t get enough! We served them up with some brown rice and a few spears of asparagus we picked up at the farmers market. Mmmm!
The sauce recipe makes more than you’ll need for marinating the tofu. As the skewers cook on the grill, you’ll brush them with some of the extra sauce and you can drizzle it on after they are cooked when serving. The sauce is super simple to whip up from a couple of pantry staples you may already have on hand – diced tomatoes, jarred red peppers, and curry paste. When purchasing your tofu for these, make sure to get an extra firm variety so that it holds together well when grilling.Print
Fire up the grill and make these simple grilled tofu kebabs with red pepper sauce. The grilled tofu gets nice and crispy and that sauce is so delicious!
For the Sauce:
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (7.75 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Skewers:
- 16 oz. extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pint baby portobello mushrooms
- Wooden skewers
- 1/2 yellow or red onion
- Add the sauce ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour 3/4 cup sauce into an 8″x8″ baking dish.
- Add the cubed tofu to the dish and toss to coat in sauce and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare your grill for cooking.
- Chop the vegetables into large pieces.
- When your grill is ready, assemble skewers. (Recipe should make 6-7)
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until blackened around edges. Brush periodically with extra sauce from baking dish.
- To serve, drizzle with extra red pepper sauce.
**Not all curry paste is vegan/vegetarian so make sure to read the ingredients label.
- Serving Size: 2 Skewers
- Calories: 251 kcals
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 193 g
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 19.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg