These pumpkin donuts with maple frosting are super simple to make and the perfect sweet treat for the holidays.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or other neutral oil)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and coconut oil. Stir just until liquid and dry ingredients are combined.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag or ziploc bag with one corner cut off.
- Divide dough evenly among the 6 wells of a donut pan by piping into the wells with the piping bag. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean. Allow to cook in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack until cool.
- To make the frosting, sift powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Whisk in maple syrup, milk, and salt.
- Dip each cooled donut in frosting and set aside to harden on cooling rack. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from this recipe by Lauren Kelp –> baked lemon donuts.