This simply curry spiced quinoa is the perfect accompaniment to festive fall meals. It also packs well for meal prepping for lunch!
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Juice from 1 lemon (~2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 chopped herbs (I used a combo of mint, cilantro, and parsley)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse quinoa well under cold running water using a fine mesh strainer.
- Transfer quinoa, water, broth, and curry powder to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat, leave the lid on, and let quinoa sit for another 5 minutes to finish cooking then fluff with fork.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add lemon, red wine vinegar, herbs, raisins, chickpeas, almonds, salt, and pepper. Toss until mixed well. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Keeps up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 199 kcals
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 363 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg