This southwest sheet pan dinner with sweet potatoes, black beans and roasted veggies is a truly simple healthy dinner that can be finished in 1 hour. Vegan (option), Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional – omit if vegan)
To Serve: chopped cilantro, salsa, dairy or non-dairy sour cream, hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes and olive oil to a sheet pan and stir to coat potatoes in oil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and add zucchini, red pepper, and corn to the pan. Sprinkle with onion powder, oregano, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon to coat vegetables in seasoning. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven and stir in black beans and sprinkle with cheese (if using). Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.