These right here are my new favorite Christmas (or anytime) cookie! If I were stuck on a deserted island, peanut butter may be the one food that I would want to have with me. I seriously eat it every day. That might be one reason why these are my favorite cookie?! I mean, you can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter. 😉
These vegan peanut butter cookies are super simple to make and easy to decorate too with just a bit of vegan chocolate. (No need to dig out your icing bags and tips!) I just melted my two different chocolates in the microwave and used a fork to drizzle it over the top of the cookies once they had cooled.
A word about the peanut butter… I tested this recipe using a couple of different brands/types of peanut butter. I found that I preferred the cookies made with a super creamy Skippy-like peanut butter. (I used O Organics no stir creamy peanut butter.) Usually I try to avoid peanut butter with palm oil and sugar, but in the case of holiday baking I make an exception. The natural peanut butter that you have to stir just doesn’t work for these. I tried using it for one batch and they were just too oily. If you do want to go the natural route though, I found that the recipe also worked well with the “grind your own” peanut butter from Whole Foods. The cookies came out a little more crispy with the fresh ground nut butter and the dough was a bit more crumbly, but still tasty!Print
These simple vegan peanut butter cookies are sure to become a favorite Christmas cookie! Drizzle the cookies with dark and white chocolate for a pretty presentation.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup creamy, no-stir peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- For the drizzle: 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the sugars, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl Mix with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls. Press with a fork to flatten. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges of the cookies start to lightly brown.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 7-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. (If you try to remove them right away, they will crumble.)
- Once the cookies are cool, melt the chocolates in the microwave in 2 separate bowls. Use a fork to drizzle over the top of the cookies. Transfer to the refrigerator to allow chocolate to set, about 10 minutes. Serve!