These vegetarian black bean sweet potato burritos are hearty, filling, and easy to make ahead for lunch for the week! They’re packed with beans, potato, spinach, avocado, and salsa.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
For the Beans:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
For the Spinach:
- 5 oz bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Avocado Crema:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Pinch salt and ground black pepper
- 4 burrito size tortillas, salsa, hot sauce, fresh cilantro, cheese, pickled jalapeño slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop sweet potatoes into 1/2″ pieces and spread in single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with a wooden spoon to coat in oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender and browned.
- While potatoes are baking, add another 1 tablespoon oil to non-stick skillet and add the onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes until translucent. Stir in the black beans and taco seasoning. Saute 3-4 minutes until black beans are hot. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the spinach and garlic powder. Cook 3-4 minutes until wilted. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the avocado, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, salt and pepper. Puree until mostly smooth.
- Assemble burritos by layering 1/4 sweet potatoes, 1/4 beans, 1/4 spinach, 1/4 avocado crema, cheese (optional), salsa, cilantro, hot sauce.
- Serve immediately or wrap in aluminum foil or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Burrito (1/4 Recipe)
- Calories: 479 kcals
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 497 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg